It’s summer!! My favourite season of the year 🙂 And this means berries! Lots and lots of berries! I always gorge myself on them as soon as they’re available locally (i find the local ones taste sweeter).
These berry tarts are great for summer because they make use of the seasonal berries, and don’t have to bake for very long, so you don’t have a hot oven making your place even hotter than it already is! I modified this recipe for a berry tart, and made it into mini tarts instead!
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1tsp vanilla
- Frozen mini tart shells
- Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries
- 2Tb raspberry jam
- 2Tb berry liqueur
- Bake the mini tart shells according to instructions. Let cool.
- Mix the mascarpone, cream, sugar, and vanilla together. Spoon into the cooled shells.
- Simmer the jam and liqueur until reduced a bit, and pour into the berries.
- Add the berries to the tart, on top of the mascarpone mixture.
- Cool, and serve!